U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
Nominated by President Donald Trump
Confirmed 52–45 on May 16, 2019
- B.A., Sam Houston State University 1982.
- J.D., Tulane University Law School 1986.
- Assistant district attorney, Orleans Parish, Louisiana, 1987-1992; deputy chief of trials, 1989-1990; chief of trials, 1990-1992
- Private practice, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1992-1993
- Roman Catholic Church of the Archdiocese of New Orleans, 2012-2019; project director, 2012-2013; general counsel, 2013-2019
Democrats opposed to her confirmation:
Baldwin (D-WI), Bennet (D-CO), Blumenthal (D-CT), Brown (D-OH), Cantwell (D-WA), Cardin (D-MD), Carper (D-DE), Casey (D-PA), Coons (D-DE), Cortez Masto (D-NV), Duckworth (D-IL), Durbin (D-IL), Feinstein (D-CA), Hassan (D-NH), Heinrich (D-NM), Hirono (D-HI), Jones (D-AL), Kaine (D-VA), King (I-ME), Klobuchar (D-MN), Leahy (D-VT), Manchin (D-WV), Markey (D-MA), Menendez (D-NJ), Merkley (D-OR), Murphy (D-CT), Murray (D-WA), Peters (D-MI), Reed (D-RI), Rosen (D-NV), Sanders (I-VT), Schatz (D-HI), Schumer (D-NY), Shaheen (D-NH), Sinema (D-AZ), Smith (D-MN), Stabenow (D-MI), Tester (D-MT), Udall (D-NM), Van Hollen (D-MD), Warner (D-VA), Warren (D-MA), Whitehouse (D-RI), Wyden (D-OR).